6/24/08

Music notes

Ah ha ha.

Right.

So anyway, I've started culling my iTunes library for my "current mix" again. That sounds like fun, and it is, but it's also a big job, since the library currently sits one shy of 40K tracks. For my amusement, if not for yours, I thought I'd start listing out my current at work/workout playlist. One option that won't be listed, but which is a must-have for anyone who exercises, in DJ Steveboy's Podrunner or Podrunner Intervals podcasts. I subscribe to both, and you should as well.

So for grins, the first 20 items in the current regular rotation. Bear in mind that this list runs to high-energy stuff, so there's a fair dose of otherwise-not-very-listenable dance music, heavy crunch guitar and similar. That should probably cue you to the fact that there are cringeworthy items in the playlist...you've been warned.
  • AM Radio - Everclear
  • American Idiot - Green Day
  • American Jesus - Bad Religion
  • Anatomic - Afro Celt Sound System
  • Around the World - Daft Punk
  • Back in Black - AC/DC
  • Bawitdaba - Kid Rock
  • Biff Bang Pow - Southern Culture on the Skids
  • Blue Turban - Arabic Breakbeats
  • Brain Stew - Green Day
  • Bullet the Blue Sky - U2
  • Cherub Rock (Unedited) - Smashing Pumpkins
  • Cocaine (Lit Up) - Buckcherry
  • Comfort Eagle - Cake
  • Cowboy - Kid Rock
  • Culo Remix ft. Sean Paul & Li'l John - Pitbull
  • Cumbersome - Seven Mary Three
  • Dhol Dogs - Afro Celt Sound System
  • Discotheque - U2
  • Don't Phunk with My Heart - Black-Eyed Peas
I think I'm surprised that Kid Rock managed to show up twice in that first 20. Hopefully, the presence of ACSS, U2, Daft Punk and SCOTS is enough to overwhelm him.